Before undergoing an augmentation mammoplasty, you must be completely mentally and physically ready. Augmentation mammoplasty requires taking care of your body, as well as having your home prepared to be relaxed and without any worry when you are back from surgery. After the surgery you must dedicate yourself to being relaxed and resting in order to have a better recovery. You must do everything possible to have everything you need ready, this is a list of some basic things that will make the recovery more bearable:
- Make sure your house is tidy for when you return from surgery. The environment of your home is essential for recovery, leave all the household chores ready, you should not worry about “fixing the house”, have your favorite food ready and everything you consider necessary to be really comfortable, your only concern it should be rest.
- Prepare a post-operative kit, it is really important that you anticipate things, prepare a table with basic elements that help you have a calm recovery, it is likely that after the surgical intervention you will feel some discomfort and pain, it is not good that you are getting out of bed every 5 minutes to look for something, have water, medicines, your phone with charger, everything you need to avoid stopping again and again.
- Ask someone to help you with your children or pets, at least for the first few days, for some days you will not be able to do much and you should not put yourself at risk taking the dog out or preparing your baby’s food.
- Buy food or ask for addresses, you must understand that your only mission for a few days will be to rest and let your body recover from breast augmentation surgery, do not complicate your life preparing food, it is practiced and ordered at home or let it someone else help you prepare the food.
- Wear comfortable clothes, the first days after the surgery you will not be able or want to raise your arms, make sure you have loose clothing that is easy to put on and take off, a good idea is to be in your pajamas all day.
- Transportation, after surgery you must return to your home or the place you chose to recover, make sure you have someone you trust to help you return home after surgery.
The most important thing after breast augmentation surgery is that you understand that your only task for a few days is to rest, relax, recover, it seems somewhat minor but it is extremely important to have an effective and successful post-operative.